All returning students will be required to sign an updated electronic liability waiver through their MindBody login prior to their first return to the studio.
We will have mats and kneepads available to rent at the front desk or you may bring your own. We will have blocks, straps and therabands for use in all rooms. Personal supplies of rosin/chalk and Dry Hands will be available for purchase at the front desk.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we request that you stay home and cancel any upcoming reservations as soon as possible:
- Elevated temperature or fever of 100.4 F or higher
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Persistent headache
SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICY
When possible, maintain at least 6ft (2 meters) between yourself and others while inside the studio. Avoid congregating with others for extended periods of time. Hands-on spotting is optional. You may inform your instructor if you’re comfortable with this prior to class starting. Students are not permitted to use hands-on spotting with one another.
Also, don’t forget to keep your pole clean. Clean in between uses!
DO NOT BE LATE.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE CLASS. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER DAY AND WILL NOT BE REFUNDED YOUR MONEY.
You should be dressed and ready to start your session at the scheduled time. We recommend arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled class to avoid being late.
This is a safety issue, and we ask that you respect both our instructors and other students by showing up on time as tardiness is disruptive to the experience we aim to provide.
At Body & Pole we have a 24-hour cancelation policy. As long as you cancel more than 24 hours before your scheduled class, your credit will be returned to your account and you will be able to schedule for a future date. However, if you late cancel in the 24-hour cancelation period prior to your class start time you will lose the credit and will not be permitted to reschedule for another date.
*All Members will be charged $25 each time they late cancel or fail to attend a scheduled class.
Upon arrival at Body & Pole for your first visit, you are required to present identification to verify your age and identity. A photo will also be taken and added to your online account to ensure yours and everyone’s safety in the studio.
We love last minute walk-ins, but to guarantee your spot in any class please reserve your spot in advance online. Unfortunately any class with less than 6 participants is subject to cancelation as late as 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time due to low enrollment.
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
All purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once you make a purchase, make sure you know the expiration date and use all sessions before that date. We will not extend the expiration date.
When classes are full, you can sign up to be on the Waitlist. If you are on Standby for a call, YOU SHOULD PLAN TO COME TAKE THE CLASS. If you can no longer take it, make sure to remove yourself from the Waitlist to avoid being added in and not being able remove yourself prior to our 24-hour cancellation period.
Please note, you can be added to a class from Standby up to 3 HOURS before its start time as other students sign out making room available. You will receive an automatic email or text notification letting you know you have been added from the Waitlist (please make sure you are signed up to receive these notifications on your MindBody account). At that point, you will be held to our regular 24-hour cancellation policy. Anyone on Standby is welcome to arrive at the studio prior to your class start time to join the warm-up and take available spots from any no shows. Preference for any available spots due to no shows will be given in order of where you are positioned on the Waitlist.
Anyone age 16 or older is permitted to sign-up for classes and private sessions as well as reserve Space Rentals at the studio. All participants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian accompany them on their first visit to the studio to complete our Parental Consent Form and present a government-issued photo ID.
MIDDAY DEEP CLEAN
The studio is closed every midday for deep cleaning from 3:45 – 4:30 PM. During that time, no students will be allowed to enter the studio. Students are permitted to enter the studio again at 4:30 PM for evening classes.
PROPER ATTIRE & HYGIENE
Please wear proper attire when visiting our studio. Masks are now optional in the studio. Proper attire includes: athletic wear such as opaque fitted shorts, sports bras and/or tank tops, or opaque leggings for Hoop and Silk classes. No transparent material is allowed. No undergarments are allowed to be used in place of workout attire.
Scented personal products (such as fragrances, colognes, lotions and powders) that are perceptible to others in the studio and locker rooms should not be worn. Use of deodorant/antiperspirant to minimize body odors is highly encouraged.
This policy applies to all participants at the studio including clients and staff members.
BEHAVIOR AT THE STUDIO
- Body & Pole aims to foster a welcoming, inclusive and respectful environment to all participants. We do not tolerate bullying, disrespectful behavior or violation of others’ personal space. Such behavior will result in being removed from the studio, and no longer being able to attend classes at Body & Pole.
- Please respect your instructors and fellow students and leave your phone conversations outside the studio. This applies to text messaging and emailing as well.
- No street shoes permitted in our studio rooms.
- No scooters or bicycles are permitted to be parked anywhere inside the studio.
PICTURES & FILMING
Taking pictures and filming are not allowed in our classes. Please respect other students’ privacy. If you wish to take pictures or film yourself, you are welcome to do so during the following times:
- Pole Parties
- Private Sessions
- Private Space Rentals
- After/Before Classes
- Total cost of event must be paid at time of booking in order to confirm your reservation.
- When booking an event, we must select the group size. If the number of people changes and your rate is affected by it, you MUST let us know at least 24 hours in advance in order to update your information in our system. We will not be able to adjust the rate of any changes to group size after this time.
- In case of cancelation, up to 14 days before the event, 75% of the total event cost refunded to your credit card or you can reschedule for no extra charge.
- If you can less than 14 days before your event, 50% of the totally event cost refunded to your credit card. You will not be able to reschedule unless paying for another party. Please note, cancelation can be made no later than 24 hours prior to the event start time. Any cancelation within the 24 hour time period prior to event start time will receive no refund.
- Absolutely no refunds on full charge for late comers or late cancelations.
- We do not permit food or drinks (except water) inside the studio.
- Lateness to events will result in a shorter event time with the discretion of the instructor regarding proceeding or not. (Over 30 minutes late to an event may result in cancellation of your event. So don’t be late!)
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate and will not be refunded their money.
- We can only accept cash or one credit card for payment.
Have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 212-334-6900.
- Only two people are permitted to use a Space Rental at a time.
- Space Rentals are for personal use (practice, rehearsals, videotaping, etc.), and are not for profit or instructional purposes. Please note, if guidelines are not adhered to we reserve the right to end your rental early without refund.
- A 24-hour cancelation policy applies when booking a private Space Rental; you will not receive your credit back for future use if you cancel less than 24 hours ahead of time.
- Space Rentals are booked by the hour. We do not book half-hour rentals.
- Space Rentals for photoshoots or video projects must be booked through Events at email@example.com.
Alcohol consumption is not permitted prior to any physical activities at the studio. If you are intoxicated when arriving at our studio, you will not be allowed to participate, and will not be refunded your money.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Food and beverages, with the exception of bottled water, are not allowed in the studio. Please make sure to leave any food or drinks with your personal belongings. We do not permit eating in between classes or congregating in any studio common spaces.
We ask that you let us know at least 24 hours ahead of time if you need to cancel a Private Session or you will lose your Private Session credit. There are no refunds on late cancelations.