We’re super excited to welcome back Pole and Aerial dancer Gustavo Romanello this month. Gustavo’s multi-disciplinary background means there’s opportunity for everyone to take his classes — from Hammock to Static Pole, Spinny Pole and yes, even Aerial Pole! So if you missed out on taking class with Gustavo last year, now is your chance! Get to know more about him, and book your classes before they fill up!
What is your dance background?
Actually, I don’t have a professional dance background. I’d just started college when I saw a pole studio next to the campus, so I gave it a try and took my first pole class. I fell in love with it immediately. I found it challenging, fun, and an opportunity to grow my strength and flexibility. I would never have considered trying any sport or physical discipline if it weren’t for this.
How long have you been an aerialist?
Since that moment I’ve never stopped practicing and I added other apparatus like silks, lyra, rope and straps. It has been 11 years since I found this passionate world.
What are some championships/shows you’ve participated in?
Over the years I’ve participated in several competitions, finding my home and inspiration for improvement.
- CORDOBA POLE SPORT CHAMPIONSHIP 2014 – FIRST PLACE
- ARGENTINA POLE SPORT CHAMPIONSHIP 2015 – FIRST PLACE
- WORLD POLE SPORT CHAMPIONSHIP LONDON 2015 – FINALIST
- ARNOLD CLASSIC RIO DE JANEIRO 2015 – FINALIST
- ELEVATE POLE CHAMPIONSHIP CHILE 2015 – FINALIST
- POLE ART FRANCE 2016 – FINALIST
- TORNEO ARGENTINO DE ACROTELAS 2016 – FIRST PLACE
- SOUTH AMERICA AERIAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 – FIRST PLACE
- POLE ART ITALY 2017 – FINALIST
- TORNEO ARGENTINO DE ACROTELAS 2017 – FIRST PLACE
- ARGENTINA POLE CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 – FIRST PLACE
- TORNEO ARGENTINO DE ACROTELAS 2018 – FIRST PLACE
- ARGENTINA POLE CHAMPIONSHIP 2019 – FIRST PLACE
- POLE ART ITALY 2020 – FINALIST
- VIVA FEST LAS VEGAS 2022 – 2ND PLACE
- ARNOLD SPORTS FESTIVAL PCS COLUMBUS 2023 – 3ND PLACE
- VIVA FEST LAS VEGAS 2023 – 2ND PLACE
How did you connect with Body & Pole?
As a studio owner I’ve always loved to connect with other studios and find business references around the world. I love how B&P engages with its audience keeping a professional but charming way to interact with our pole community. When I first traveled to NY, I ran to the studio to meet the team and it was the great exciting experience I was expecting!
What are you most excited to teach at Body & Pole?
I’m really excited to share and have fun with the team and students, I like to teach in a very playful way to make the students feel free, laugh and experiment in a very comfortable and relaxed environment, allowing them to reach their maximum potential.
How do you approach your different apparatuses (Pole and Silks/Hammock)?
It takes years to master each apparatus and feel comfortable when you train and try new skills, but I think apparatus are like languages. As the more you add, the better you become in the previous ones. The best part is to get the ability to transfer your knowledge among them and experience a new world of possibilities!
What are you up to now?
Having coffee in front of my desk. Just kidding. My husband and I moved to the US in 2020 with the goal of finding our new home. We have been living in Phoenix AZ since then, combining our muggles jobs with our passion for aerial. To find the balance and time to keep training is always a challenge but we never gave up our disciplines looking for competitions, places to teach, travel and make new friends. I just finished two pole competitions last month (Columbus and Las Vegas) and I’m taking this time to focus again on my own training process and to create new paths. I’m excited for what comes next, happy to be part of this community and looking forward to sharing my passion either teaching or performing.